Monday, February 21, 2011

Elaborating

While showing me different sights in Delhi, Raj-nish tells me lots of history mixed with mythology. The difference is hard to discern, he tells me. This is part of the Indian culture - to elaborate. "We still do it every day" he states very matter of factly with his heavy Indian accent. "For instance, I think you are very beautiful" (he couldn't sound more sincere and innocent, in fact he belongs to a sub cast that has sworn off women). And because I would think so highly of your beauty and want others to really understand, I would be very elaborate in describing you. And to make my point even stronger, I would add that you look like the goddess Shiva!" He says that even though there may be many details in India's history that are not exactly truthful, they serve to amplify the point of the historic story. Well, he went on and on, but at that point I FELT like Shiva the goddess!

2 comments:

  1. You are Shiva the goddess..and I am so inspired by your magical journey my friend...I can't wait to hear all the details. You must come to NYC for a visit when you are stateside!!! Keep writing...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi christiane this is ananshri here , I would be coming to USA next year , hope to meet you !

    ReplyDelete